Tuesday 14 September 2010

Fuertebumtura

I've never seen so many naked people in all my days.


Back from an excellent all inclusive holiday in Fuerteventura, the Canary Island's second largest and possibly windiest island. We stayed on the South Coast in Jandia, not the liveliest place in the world; this bloke was the only street entertainment we could find.



Why would you do that?

There is over 20km of beach on the Jandia coast, and I've just found out, after returning, that all the beaches are considered unofficial naturist beaches. In other words, if you fancy getting that all over tan then Fuertebumtura is perfect.

I wish I'd known before though. I'd still have gone, but at least I'd have been prepared for glimpses of 60 year old women's frontbums and the odd hanging meat and two veg, not nice after a fried sausage sandwich.

To start with I thought it was funny; I'd only been on a nudist beach once before, in Mazunte on the South Coast of Mexico, but there had only been a few French bare bodies. But as the week past, certain events changed my views. One day we saw a fifty year old man prancing about naked in the sea, but with his seven-year old daughter, or possibly granddaughter, it didn't seem right. On several occasions, mature, and I'm talking very mature, women strolled past with their red raw sagging breasts collecting sand and their frontbums, hairless, reflecting the golden sun.

One thing I didn't understand was why most of the naked people were over 50. It was as if they'd reached and age and thought "Well, I'm old and wrinkly, everyone knows, so why not show all my lines of experience to the world." And I mean all lines. The younger beach goers were happy keeping their clothes on, so why did the pensioners have to show everything? I'm all for feeling free and liberal, but it was strange seeing a beach rammed with fully swimming costumed bathers while the odd naked couple would waltz through, leaving nothing to the imagination.

On the way to the supermarket one morning, which was a short trek along the side of the motorway, I spotted another nudist joint, but this one was behind closed doors.
"I wonder what's over there," I said to Chia as we past a white wall. "Shit, have a look at that." Over the wall was a swimming pool with several blue sun beds dotted about. On each sun bed, catching some early morning rays, was a bum.

That didn't bother me so much, why should it? If the nudists are in an area and want to be naked together, then that's fine. I thought it was odd, but it was my fault for being a nosey parker.

I don't want to sound as though I didn't have a good time, it was the best holiday I've had with Chia and Fuertebumtura has some amazing beaches. I won't go back, not because of the swinging beach balls and glistening frontbums, but there are too many other places to see in this world.

2 comments:

  1. Barry, interesting post, as all of your blog.

    I thought expected more photos, specially considering the nudists :-D era bromaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Barry, I would consider it not aesthetic as well, but I don't like any crowded Beaches, whether naked or not, and I would not mind a few naked, grandparents on an almost lonely beach. At the end it does not matter, because, if you have stayed there for an year, you would have got used to it. It is just the way our western culture is, we are very concerned about how our bodies look like. We have certain standards and it is shocking seeing naked bodies of old demorphed people. If you grew up with the Yanomamö tribe, for instance, you would have felt at home, between the naked :-))). It is a cultural thing, but that is subject to change as well. Cheers Lubo PS: expected more pictures as weel ;-), It might be unaesthetic but we still wanna see it he he.

    ReplyDelete

Footer Widget 1

Texts

Footer Widget 3

Having a good guiri day?

Having a good guiri day?
"To be a guiri, or not be a guiri?"

Labels

Labels

Blogger Tricks

Footer Widget 2

Pages - Menu

Followers

Popular Posts